Nightmares

I often have interesting conversations with A that would force me to think deeply and reflect on my life. Some of them are enlightening, some of them are reflections, some are lessons, some are silly, and some are stories.

In my recent convo with A on the topic of nightmaresdon’t ask me how we got to this topic, it is one of the things he does before he goes to bed. Come up with questions – love his curious mind>. I don’t know how he has time to think about these things, let alone list them in some order and give them ratings. I'm in my 40’s – I don’t think I can rate my favorite food 😊<Mama trying to BRAG >

Here it goes in his words and it is ordered by worst nightmare to least worst :) 

  1. Being chased by a 10-foot metal robot A green pig controls the robot
  2. Time traveling to the age of dinosaurs- wasn’t an ideal dream
  3. A world with just vegetablesA world without chickens, steak, pork, or fish. What would I add to my noodles!!??
  4. Being chased by a lot of giant chickens
  5. Being attacked by an army of green pigs Trust me green pigs exist and they are scary


There are more on his list, but we focused only on the Top 5. His ones are way more interesting and make more sense for a 12-year-old. Maybe I had similar creative ones when I was his age, but I don’t remember them now. The ones I remember are my anxiety triggers from my primary years.  Except for 1st--> I give all others same rating. Worst to least worst of mine,

    1. Losing my parents- Well, they are my safety net, it always scares me of a world without them. This is probably still in my top 5 nightmares.
    2. Being called out by the teacher in class especially when they look for a student to answer a pop-up question. NEVER-EVER make eye contact with the teacher is my go-to technique and sometimes it works. I remember once my language teacher asked me out to read out my poetry, I stood there tongue-tied and she stood there waiting for me to read. That was one awkward silent 50 minutes of my life. That was the very first poem that I wrote, I vaguely remember it was about Sun and thinking about it now- it wasn’t that bad. I was just extremely shy. 
    3. Homework- this is my top trigger during school. HATE is the synonym for this in my dictionary.
    4. EXAMS- never been a fan of exams. I always felt like I forget everything I read/prepared the minute I see the question paper.
    5.  Ghosts - I don't have any comments on this, I really don't want to agitate my invisible friends.  When I was at uni (Texas) - I stayed in a double storey apartment. Whenever my roomate goes away, I just stay downstairs until sunrise. It is scary feeling that someone/something is there downstairs, you cant escape anywhere when you are upstairs :(. And if you know me well, I don't even watch horror movies. Why put up with something you don't enjoy. 

As you can see, most of my nightmares were related to schooling. Life in school sums up my childhood – not just mine most of the Indian kids. G doesn't have any school related nightmares even though we studied in same class/school for 14 years. 

Whats your biggest nightmare? are there many or just few? comment if you have any!! it could be silly, weird, traumatic, funny - anything atall .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home and Belonging

Lost and Found myself..

Here and there