Treating the retards...

Waiting to write this article for long time, now is THE time.. This is for all those backward thinkers, please grow up. Oouch..Im sorry I have to be atleast this rude after 8 weeks of Job search(agree ,its not long at all)..Its not about the time, its about the response I was getting, 4yr BREAK Maternity break!!!.come on people, I took that break to take care of my child ..I WAS NOT IN COMA & LOOSE MY BRAIN completely.



When I made this decision to take a long break even before I had my son, lot of people gave me a worrying look that it will be hard to get back to where I was before. It never bothered me, because this is what I wanted to do.. taking a break and spend time with my child. I was always confident about my knowledge and I was sure I will get a job when I wanted to return..

I started my job hunt after a month my son  joined new daycare just to be sure if I get a job immediately he shouldn't feel I'm leaving him in new place with no help..little did I know that its going to be a LONGGGG journey before I land a job with atleast few rejections calls quoting my 4yr break and millions of emails apologizing Im not FIT.

If they quote that Im not technically qualified then I agree. But every time its my 4yr Maternity break.  I wanted to SHOUT that I took break to take care of my child , trust me I didnt LOOSE my brain..

Its so old school, given a chance to any Mum (either working or stay at home), they do MUCH MUCH BETTER JOB than any other jokers out there.. Im sure everyone agree with this.

I completely agree there are atleast 10% hiring people out there giving chance to moms like me. But that's not enough, we need more of them in Developed countries. Some countries in Europe have much better maternity break options which makes sure both the parents benefit and gives child more time to spend time at home with the parents. Its such a pressure for lot of working moms not to loose job just after having baby. I wont blame them at all if we live in a society where there is no choice.

This biased opinion is not gender based, people who judge moms are from both the gender. Not to blame MEN alone.

Lastly to all moms out there, Do what you wanted to do. Don't let others put you down, if you want a break , take a BREAK..lets prove this world they are wrong in judging us.

Im proud of myself and I wouldn't trade the world for the break I took to spend time with my son and the time I spent abroad making new friends and learning new culture. 

PS: I completely agree there are stay-at-home-dads too, I really don't know how they feel. I'm sure they are being judged more than moms. Interesting to hear from them. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles