Sharing is caring..

This was my 4yr old son's response when I told him No for something last week.  I was surprised to hear such wise words  from him.I asked him what does this mean, he said we have to share with friends like toys & books etc.,. Mind you, this is the guy who never shared any toys with his close friend Y back in Busan. Then I asked him where did he hear this from, he said his day care teacher read him a story and its about "Sharing is Caring". Point is not about him, now at home I really have to take an extra step to show him Whats sharing ..he likes the idea of sharing his cereal/water with birds & ants(he will keep some everyday at our garden and he loves to see the place empty when he returns from day care). When I buy a candy for him, he now actually says he want to share it with his friend X.



PC: https://zeroturnaround.com/rebellabs/xrebel-share-because-sharing-is-caring/


Other day I actually took some food from his plate, he said "its Mine"..Then I pointed out sharing, he immediately said he was just joking.. I'm sure parents agree with me, its such a proud moment when your kids share their toys with  friends without fighting .. Because its such a awkward moment, when a guests comes and our kids don't share. I know all parents understand, its just that as a host we feel very guilty that somewhere its our fault.. I'm sure they grow up all ok, because we been there growing up ourselves.  

But this motivates me to share my things ..after-all its all materialistic... There you go, as a parent we learn so much from our kids every day..

Cheers to more learning... Cheers to Sharing too.. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles