A Mom's Tale..

Every birth is a tale, most of them seems normal to a mid wife/Doctor but for every mother its an experience to remember....You ask any mother, they can talk for a min or two about their story.. Mine started all merry and positive.. well, through out I would say and the end was even more merrier getting a specially made Just-for-me-cheeky-monkey..  But wait, there were twists and turns before the happily ever after...

Just like any other working mom-to-be, I enjoyed all the attention I was getting everywhere..like commuting in trains (getting a priority seat) , getting special meal cooked for me by loved ones..And oh oh talk about the gender guessing game, there is always a theory about "The Guessing", either it could be the size of the belly or how much my feet is swollen or whatever.. I loved when strangers come to me and ask me, no actually tell me its a Girl or a Boy.. Some went really overboard on the guessing game by guessing twins..that was the high light...That could have been a medical miracle considering taking 2 scans before that, of course they wouldn't know my results don't they!!!

Do you remember the horror test or should I just say Glucose tolerance test, I have a family history of diabetics..I actually don't have to go through the tests.. And horrible part was tests goes for 3hrs..just sit there and gulp that sugar drink.. I remember having whole pack of milk roll after the test.. Nah, its not that horrible..G used to joke I'm a proud member of Australian Diabetic society and I get discounted Diabetic test machines..errr..



I was well planned mom-to-be doing a list of things from couple of months before my due.. I was so organised you wouldn't believe I washed all new born cloths/linens  and bought all the baby stuff like 2 months before my due date..That's how organised/well planned I was.. Actually I was so proud of myself at that point when I ticked all the rows in my list.. But you know  my-little-cheeky-monkey went with PLAN-B.. it was exactly this day  21st April 2012 , 4yrs back my water broke (when my actual  due was 30th May 2012).. Yea right..  this is where the twists and turns starts..

To keep the story short and simple, I was kept in hospital for a week monitored every few hours..It went on for few days..Doctors were  happy because baby was healthy inside even though my water broke.. They thought my womb would make a perfect incubator than the machines.. Exactly after a week, I had my uneasiness and within few hours I had my perfectly-healthy-Cheeky-little-Monkey..

I told A about this few days back because he kicks so much (not intentionally though..).. I mentioned to him how much he kicked when he was in my tummy and how my water broke..I didn't know he was thinking about it even in his sleep at night..he woke up after 30 mins of his sleep and woke me up and said 'Ma, please drink plenty of water .. You will need those water back' .. it really melted my heart hearing his words..

This day reminds me (inc G) of all the drama we went through of not knowing whats happening/what it means..completely lost and just looking at doctors for any positive response..Don't want to think about it but don't want to forget it too.. In exactly 7 days my little Hero turns 4 years.. I'm looking forward to celebrate every day..

I will write a separate post of my mom's tale when she had me .. There is lot of twists in that too.. I bet you are thinking about your interesting story.. tell me about it..  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles