Boy or Girl!!

Before I start off , I want to clarify the title. No! I’m not going to talk about gender of my next child and Nope! I’m not pregnant either..I know I disappointed you, next time you better know me before you expect!!  haha.. not kidding..

What am I talking about!? Obviously about Friends.. Does it matter whether they are Girls or boys? Personally if you'd ask me, I don't think so.. Friends are friends.. I still think I had best of conversations/arguments with my friends who are both boys and girls. And for some reason, when I moved to OZland my circle reduced to few best friends who understands and knows exactly what I want to hear from them when I need them!!.. That's me!!

I started thinking about this when A stopped playing with his kinder GF- E.. He used to adore her like anything, play with her on the days she is in(she is not full time in his kinder) and wouldn’t stop talking about her.  

‘E’ is such a lovely lil one with cute smile. Last week she showed me she lost her front teeth..  ‘A’ doesn’t say anything these days except I had to remind him to say goodbye to her when I see her.

Yesterday while driving

Me: Hey babe, How is E?
A : she is fine I guess.
Me:  You don’t talk about her these days?
A: I don’t play with her now
Me:  why?
A: she is a girl!
Me: So?
A: she doesn’t want to play Footy, she always play with Dolls
Me: why don’t you play with her dolls to give her some company?
A: Nah! Its boring
Me: <BLANK>

A is just 5 yrs, you would think at 5 yrs they wouldn’t notice much.. oh I'm wrong!!! There is  a huge change in him now especially this year- all day he talks about Cricket or Footy.. is it a boy thing? I don’t know!! This winter he is been playing footy at kinder with his ALL-BOYS-CLUB(I know!!! <Rolling eyes>) . That kept me wondering, 

Is he noticing girls are different than boys? When do kids realize the gender difference? How do they know? Does Media has any influence -marketing their toys? is it the gender-color thing? or  is it in their DNA? 



I suppose, if they can make a decision on what to eat and what to wear then they can definitely decide whom they play with. I 'm sure it will be OK for the ALL-BOYS-CLUB to have a girl playing footy!!! its not gender that is separating  them!! Compatibility at this age  is all about what’s your favorite game/toy/cartoon Character?

At home, his fav time pass apart from Lego is to have a ball bowled to hit the Lego Stump!!! I didn’t know bowling the same ball to hit the same stump over and over again could be any exciting.. Looks like it is fun after all!!! Still I think it’s sad<Sarcasm>!! to be fair, I'm a girl OK!!Lady or Women who thinks she is still a girl and hates sports in any form..

One thing is tested and true from my own experience - Mothers can worry for nothing. I wouldn't say I am worried now for this but it did bother me.  What I feel has nothing to do with what he should/shouldn’t do (to some extent!!!). Somethings are for personal take. Good thing is,E will go to the same Primary school as A next year.. Lets see how this goes.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles