Here and there

This work of mine got selected in a poetry competition run by Greater Dandenong Council, Victoria and got published in a poetry book titled "HOME".  "Home" is collection of work by talented individuals from different background. My piece here talks about every immigrant story.. 

                                          -----------------------------------------


“Don’t stay there forever, come back home. We will be waiting for you.” my friend said to me when I embarked a new journey to this country.


“I will go back home after I earn enough, I won't stay here forever! I told my colleague.
Son! Now that you are aboard, we can’t just have a simple wedding for your sisters. People are expecting more. It’s not like we can’t afford it now!” my mom tells me in our video chat. I save up and transfer money back home.
You should buy a house. Rentals are dead money! You can always sell it when you go back home,” my wise friend advises.

Congratulations on your home loan! You now own your dream home.’ said my mortgage broker.

“Do you have any family back home? Do you visit them often?” I get asked.

Do you drive BMW or Merc back home”’ – my aunt asks me when visiting my family back home.

I guess forever I will be visiting my so-called “Home” and live in my “Second Home”. I’ll never have a place to call home.

A new colleague joined my team today and he is half my age. During our coffee break he says, ‘I will go back home after I earn enough. I won't stay here forever.”

I just smiled.


PC:Google Image

PS: The Book "Home" is available to borrow from any libraries in Victoria (Australia). It's not for Sale.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Rabbit and The Turtle Race..

Lost and Found myself..

Dream a new dream