Art of LET-GO..

Have you ever tried cycling hands free on a slope or  swimming(you heard it right).. I admire you if you have done one of these.. This sounds simple but not for me.. Guess I have to start from the beginning to make you understand my part..




I wasn't sure why I was scared of getting into water in first place considering I didn't have any 'BAD" incident in water..  When I was little my uncle used to teach me and my cousin how to swim but I used to tell him I'm ok kicking water near the shallow end which is ankle length.. Swimming was never a necessity until I was an Adult and moved abroad.  I was missing out of fun activities like rafting (Duh!!!), or Canoeing (really !!!! ) or even just take a boat on a fun ride(eyes rolling!!)  .. ok!! ok!!.. just get on to the pool.. Now when I think about it..I think I'm such a control freak , I have to have control on everything.. water is where you completely let go of  yourself.. its a scary experience for me ..LETTING GOOOO!!!!

How do you do it?  to understand this I enrolled in a class

End of Term 1(8 Classes) - I could go in and out of water (Ofcourse holding on to the wall.. Duh!! what did you think!!!).. Definitely an improvement considering never been in a hip-level pool.. :)

End of Term 2(8 Classes)- holding on to the wall and lift up the legs.. Can say its an big improvement.

Got busy in life and Took a break for 3yrs on this unplanned experiment(thats right!!)  and enroll again for every day group class in Korea.

Term 3-  Its everyday, Improvements are weekly.. But whatever I learnt 3yrs back are over the roof..Start fresh from  going in / out of water , lifting up legs holding the wall  to hold on to the float board and kick.. it became stagnant after week 3 since all I did was just kick with float board until I'm out of breath and instead of lifting up head to get breath I just put my legs down and start again. End of the month I decided I need 1-to-1 class to experiment more..

In trail with 1-1 class Term 4 now-- I have to say I'm learning the art of letting go better and better everyday (Mind you, its hip level water on one side and other end is knee length.. hahahaha). But its very hard to let-go and just trust someone/something( water) when u don't have anything to hold on/control over.. its an experience or you can call it Life Lesson.. This journey is just a beginning, haven't mastered the ART OF LET-GO.. will keep you posted on how I go..

whats your take on let-go?



(Pic taken from google img :http://simplemedicine.co/2015/04/10/the-art-of-letting-go/ )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles