Busan Chapter comes to an END..

Recently we got confirmation from G's company that we will move back to Melbourne this Dec. I felt relieved when I heard the news because I can go back to work / A can start his kinder  and most of all we could move back HOME.. But then it got me thinking we are so used to BUSAN in our everyday lives ,I think we will miss this place. I'll take home millions of memories and countless friends I made here and last but not least I'm so proud I can read Korean .. But I thought it would be a good idea to list down the things which are part of me in my daily life now so I can read them year later.. So before I forget, let me do just TOP 10 things in my list.

10. Couple T-shirts:
       It seemed weird when I first moved in 2yrs back seeing couples/family (mom-son, mom-daughter, dad-son, dad-daughter, whole family) wearing same pattern shirts. Now I feel it is kinda cute when I see them. I would be surprised if a Korean couple doesn't have one of those 'Couple T-shirts'. Actually I have one same as my 3yr old.. Trust me it sounds odd but it is cute. I will miss seeing these cutie-shirts when I leave Korea.


9. Museums/Parks:

    It is so good that Korean govt made effort to make museum out of every thing in their History and best of all it is either free or damn cheap. I love the teddy bear museum(they used teddies to show the culture and tradition of Korea), Dinosaur Museum, Toy Museum,Pottery Museum, Trick Eye Museum, Art Museum, Busan Museum, Science Museum,  Hanok village(old style Korean houses) ,  Hanbok museum( Korean traditional dress) to name a few I visited. I admire how well it is maintained despite it is free, its clean and it is designed to attract young generation/Kids. Of course by nature Korean people are very community conscious by not throwing any rubbish on the floor.My recommendation for indoor activity other than kids cafĂ© - Museums are my first choice and if weather is good Parks are my First choice. Great to build family memories.. I'm taking so many with me when I leave...
  


8.Coffee shops:

  Coffee shops are everywhere... we are so used to having coffee shop everywhere, It felt weird to look for one when I was in Taipei. You don't have to think, just step in to any building to enter a coffee shop. There are themed coffee shops like Dog cafe, Cats cafe, Kids cafe, Starbucks( literally I have 4 around me within 5 min walk ).. Most of the time I see lot of chain coffee shops next to each other (sometimes 4 or 5 next to each other). I wonder how they survive. But it is best place to hang out with friends. Our best memories are in Kids CafĂ©.. kids play while moms chat . Oh boy we are going to miss KIDS CAFE :( ..


7.Korean restaurants/food:

    I'm a FOODIE, just love anything and everything about FOOD. Best thing living in Korea is every other block will have a Korean restaurant(Some times too many in one block) and they are open all day from breakfast to late night dinners. Another best thing about Korean food if you are eating out often, it is not expensive(Street foods are the best). Its healthy and doesn't bite my pocket, what more to ask. I love Korean food, but If you ask me whats the most I will miss - Kogee Galbi (grilled meat) and  Rice cakes. My son loves KIMCHI and KIMBAP.. I would recommend Bibimbap if you want full bowl of tasty fresh veggies in Rice & Spicy sauce. The list goes on.. But I must say I will miss walking in the streets seeing the street foods/ Korean BBq grills/ Thok shops.. I don't think I will ever get this taste back in Melbourne. I'm so going to miss this food.


6. Close to Heart places:

    Open markets are my best bet to kill your time. I don't have to buy a thing, just walk around the street markets seeing whats new in K-fashion and seeing others shop , it is like Disney to me. Nampo-dong is my place and Seomyeon underground is my second choice. I never get tired of these places.. I can just walk aimlessly , spend whole day there.  Most of my "My-lone-time" days I spent here.. lot of good memories close to my heart.
  Another thing I will miss doing is Volunteering at the local orphanage. It just once a month event but I met lot of amazing people and made lot of  good friends.. Volunteering is just one part, the hiking, the dinners, the movies , Norae BBang are other fun things volunteers did together. Good memories to take back home..

5.Korean class:

  I regret not started my Korean lesson earlier, atleast I would've been at little more conversational level. Now I know words but hard to remember all the grammer when I speak.. I just go blank and just use words to express what I'm looking for.. My conversations are mostly with my 3yr old who does not laugh at my mistakes.. We sing Korean Rhythms, he encourages me to sing with him. He taught me his school songs/Korean Happy bday song . I must say I will miss hearing my son speaking Korean.


4.Swimming buddies:

 Another regret to my list , I should've started swimming earlier but I started like a month back at the community pool . I go during mid day when only old people have time to visit pool. Initially I was worried they might not like me because I was the only foreigner there. but they were so kind to me , talk to me and make me feel very comfortable. I will miss these old ladies who try to teach me swimming techniques and tell me I look Beautiful (u got me.. ) ..

3. A's school:

  Lot of A's first happened here in Korea. His first walk, First bi-cycle, First play group, First kids cafe, First school, First sleep over,  First best friend, First train rides, First camp, First panty day, first of so many other things I don't remember.
His first school is one of the best thing happened to him. Teachers are wonderful, so kind , so much patience and sometimes they go beyond their way to care these kids. They keep us posted on their activities everyday in their photo blog and through SMS.I never missed out on anything and I feel so safe to send A to school here..  He just loves his BUS ride. He learnt his Korean rhythms and to sing happy bday in Korean.  He learnt to eat Kimchi, Kimbap at school and to use chopsticks. Its a pity he has all boys in his class  but he loves his mates. The forest day , Wiz adventures, school picnics and birthdays, Cooking class -- my god what am I going to do without WIZ ISLAND..


2. Hotel Stay:

Who get to live in a Hotel for 2 yrs , you know your bed gets made everyday, your linens changed everyday and your room gets vacuumed  everyday.. best of all you get to eat breakfast buffet everyday with the view to one of the BEST beaches in Korea. Not just that, staff in Sea Cloud makes you feel we are family. At breakfast place, I don't have to worry about A ,the staff entertain him and they give him whatever he asks. He takes only that blue bottle drink- bang- he gets that everyday. he loves that dish- surprise he gets it often sometimes specially made for him and packed to take home. This is LIFE I must say. So gifted/blessed whatever you call it. Best stay in Busan right across the best beach.


1. People

I met so many amazing people through different platforms from moms and tots, expat group, volunteering, book club, swimming, hotel guests, G's office friends etc., Everybody I met here inspired me in different ways.. I 'm so blessed to meet people from different background and culture. I learnt not just Korean culture but so many others.  I will miss this place and people very much.



I think I covered all the things that are part of my everyday life.. Now tell me about your life, do you have a list like this??

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles