Nostalgic 2011..

This is another write up on my memory lane-2011 Year of travel to my dream places- London, Touch of Europe & Asia..

I can officially name 2011 as my year of travel.. Last I did travel like this was in 2005 with friends.. I love travelling, preparing for travel, planning for travel.. anything to do with travel.. I guess everyone does- new culture, new place..  I don't like rush and see all the touristy place. Take all the time to spend as much time to explore & understand the place / culture. Most important thing I learnt from all the travel is to  use public transport as much as possible, I believe thats the only way u learn abt the place &  meet ppl.. here goes my 2011 nostalgic travel lane..

Feb: Germany
G had official work in Stuttgart & I decided to tag along(as always..) .. That was a nice break for me & ofcourse G had to work hard everyday.. So I was forced to have fun  solo.. From Stuttgart we had to go to Balingen which is 2hrs train ride south of Stuttgart.We hear its very close to Swiss border.. G kept on pushing me to go , I wasnt sure mainly 'coz its all country side, no one spoke English..I was using sign language most of the places. If I go to Swiss and stuck somewhere there is no way to Inform G..we spent nice time in the small town of Balingen. Visited castles, Merc museum, Shopping European style and churches/buildings which was built long long before.. Beautiful place, wish we stayed longer to see some more..


Feb : London
On my way back home from Germany I took 8hr transit in London, another Solo adventure..This is my dream place.. I love 'Esp to country' tv show, always wanted to visit London ..It was how I dreamt of.. so dreamy and classy I would call.. I had a tube map with me and took the tube from Pidacally Circle and got down in Westminister Abbey and walked along River Thames.. It was just the way I imagined and London was beautiful.. I walked a lot &  admired all the beautiful historic buildings.. I will defntly come back one day, maybe just stay here for a summer and admire more..


April: Malaysia and Singapore
I took mum to see Malaysia &  Singapore..My plan is to go only for 5 days &  leave mum at cuz house in KL.. She will stay there for another 4 days before she goes to India.. It worked out well. We reached KL on day one &  took bus to Singapore same day & reached singapore at 11am.. We asked directions to reach hotel, ppl said its just walkable distance..So we started to walk, but seems like never ending..We stopped on our way to have lunch at Ananta Bhavan for a nice south Indian meal (yummm).. then finally reached hotel &  I found few tours from the hotel reception which just suited us.. So we took Santosa Island tour that afternoon and Singapore City tour next day afternoon since our bus to KL was only next day night..it gives enough time for mum to shop in Mustafa..Our Hotel was just right behind Mustafa.. Mum loves travelling, shopping just like me (wait a min..I know wat you are thinking I got it from her ) err.. actually she inspires me.. We both had OSM time &  we did shop at Mustafa.. Finally we reach back in KL.. My best cuz & I  did non- stop shopping for next 3 days (and night.). I returned back to Melb & Mum stayed back and enjoyed seeing places in KL with cuz.. But we did go to Melaka on the weekend, enjoyed the Tuk Tuk Ride & Chicken rice ball & famous jonkers st shopping..Always my KL trips are special mainly 'coz of my dear cuz..





Aug: Italy

This was my BEST trip till date , we went there to celeb our 5th wedding Anniversary.. it wasn't planned until G won a competition which had the finals in Pisa.. we decided to extend the trip & plan for a italian holiday.. I must say this was the BEST trip ever..We went from Milan to Venice to Rome to Florance to Pisa..  Italy was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L nothing less but Verona ( Romeo-Juliet) and Lake Como and Bellagio were my best part there.





Sep: Manila
G had a official work at Manila &  we decided to go there from Italy.. It was a nice way to wind up my holiday. So relaxing..All I did was relax, rejuvenate,shop &  eat.. Did I say it was a pure blisss..


Well.. what more to ask!!! This is end of my 2011 travel lane.. going back and reading my old notes bring back smiles..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles