Membership Sucks..

Just me being curious ..for all those retailers out there,what's this obsession of getting customers to sign up for membership... really!! I don't know how much it helps you(I bet a LOT) but as a customer  I hate to carry card for every single retailer I shop. sometimes I go to that retailer Z only once a year or just ONCE in my lifetime . Why would I want to carry a card which I hardly use and spam my email!!!! To top it off they say I accumulate points and use them later!!! Am I the only one who feels this way!!!



I'm going to go to this Z only when really need their service .. Say for example this Z could be a Hiking gear retailer who I visited recently,  told me that the specials specified on the items are only for members and it made a huge difference on their price. Two items for 30$ if you are a member otherwise it cost 39$ each.. So in my lifetime I might go to that shop maximum twice as I'm not a hardcore hiker, I just need this item for today and I doubt I'm going to ever go back to Z..No complaints on their service, just that I don't need/use the items  they sell. How does it benefit me by providing my email id and post code (sometimes phone number)  just to complete the transaction .. I'm pretty sure I will forget about this membership forever and what happens to the points??

Even for my everyday retailer (Grocery or Gas station et.,)  I hate to carry these card, It takes years or after so many dollars spent to earn that little 10$ return. Which I'm sure retailer made a big profit by making that customer come back every time for that 10 bucks.. And worst of all my purse is filled with these CARDS..

Now with the world becoming more digital,  with so many passwords and PINS to remember.. I hate to think where/who all have my mail id and details about me floating for potential hack.. Seriously guys, it SUCKS..


Image taken from :http://active-appliances.com.au/?p=583

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles