Life after BUSAN..

Its been almost 6 months already since we moved here, I really can’t believe how time glides. Back in Dec, I thought we would take maybe max 2 months to settle back.. But shifting house is no easy task I tell you and to top it off we had things at the storage here and things moved back from Korea.. Im still figuring out lot of stuff.. I realised suddenly I couldn’t find my kettle this week, I remember we had one when we were Korea which I took it from here and somewhere along the way it got lost.. Now I got to buy a new one..  Likewise my dinner plates... I really have no idea how I could lose the full set.. Well, due for shopping again!!!  

But thinking about settling down, it would take some more time I guess.. We are home both physically and mentally. But lot of times I miss being in Busan. A still thinks he has 2 homes, one in Busan and one in Melbourne. He keeps asking when do we go back to our Busan home..

Last year I wrote a post on what I might miss in Busan after I leave. But now after 6 months, I realise what I miss the most for real. When I say miss I mean the things that remind me of Korea. This is my silly list

1.       Peach teas and coffee shops:
Coffee shops in Busan is literally everywhere.. Every building has one. I get my peach tea everywhere.. I hardly get it now @coffee shops and the taste sucks here.. I’m sorry to be rude. I’m generally not this critical about food but my peach tea is what I’m missing the most.

2.  Bell Button:
In Korea, it’s so common to have those electric bell buttons attached to every table @restaurant.. You don’t need to wait to get waiters attention. It was so convenient. Sometimes now I ask A to shout YOGIYO (here plz)!!!! He he to get attention.. I agree in Melbourne very few (I could count them) have advanced touch screen order from your table some even ipads. But that’s very very rare. Like the busy ones on Friday nights, we just keep looking for the waiter to get attention.
3. Apron at the restaurant:
Believe it or not, most of the restaurants in Korea provide you with apron to avoid the smell from the food sticking to your cloths. Some even have fabric freshener spray near the counter. When you leave you could just spray to get rid of the smelly (Yummy) food you just had. I realised how important it is when I had my lunch today at an Indian place close to my work. I can still smell the curry in my cloths.
4.  Movie tickets
The luxury of watching movies in Korea, tickets were just 6$ and sometimes for English movies hardly anyone at the theater..lol.. No complaints everything is so damn expensive in my far away land. I just have to cherish the memories..

5. Natural springs, Saunas and Spas
Like movie tickets, Natural springs/saunas/spas cost nothing compared to what we get here.. and I’m so thankful I utilized it while I was there.. I would’ve regretted it if I didn’t. My fellow expats, go to spa as much as u can while you are there..

 6. Walking almost everywhere
I miss the lively environment we lived in Busan..Buzzzing with people, so good to walk on the street watching the street vendors selling street foods.. hmm..We hardly walk anywhere here, even if I do..I hardly see anyone walking on the street except for the ones who go for morning or evening runs.

Sometimes A asks, why do we take car everywhere.. Why cant we walk to Emart (he still calls the woollies and coles –emart)!!?? .. Actually it’s the same distance what we had in Busan (from my place to Emart) and here.. But the difference is, there is nothing interesting to see on my way.. except quite streets, occasional dog  barking and rarely people walking.. Its suburbia life I get it..

I have no regrets or complaints.. These things reminds me of Korea every time..  I have to visit Busan just to do my to-do lists.. Did I say Diaso here is not as good as the one in Haeundae. Lol..  

I think top of the list is travelling.. anywhere outside of Australia, I need at least 6 to 7 hrs of travel time (well, maybe to new Zealand its just 2hrs and Fuji maybe 4 to 5hrs) .. I don’t have much choice I suppose to save all my holidays for long vacation unlike in Korea I could go country-hopping for a long weekend.
I would say I have a long list of positives being here(First thing I get my size cloths/shoes here.. big relief). This is just my silly nostalgic comparison..

Life has changed in 6 months.. for good and I’m loving it .. We move on..
Have a great weekend!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles

My dear pre-teen..