Musings of a mom..

World for a child seems so small when they are little like A, people in their world are just family and friends or the people they see often and their toys... Sometimes even their favorite cartoon characters will become part of the family.. A presumes, every night his favorite characters from Lion king ( Simba, Nala , Timon & Pumba) visits his room and play with his toys.. He even blames Simba for the mess he makes in his room..



               pc:https://ohmy.disney.com/movies/2016/01/13/9-signs-youre-a-diehard-lion-king-fan/

But everything matters in their tiny kingdom. Even the tiniest thing they own and even the waste paper from the paper punch (don’t get me start on this!!)  .. Everything matters and it is important.. What I notice is their thinking is very simple.. I feel as an adults we complicate everything and that makes even a simple solution infront of us seems impossible.


PC: Google images


For kids its all about patterns, shapes and colors..  They quickly relate anything with what they know already.. I noticed when I see screen full of icons in my phone, my mind hardly registers anything. But A can just spot his icon (Lego game or you tube) within a fraction of a sec. that really amuse me.. that’s not just my phone, he does it in my friends phone too. It happens with car logo too.. it doesn't matter whether we are driving or in the car park, when he sees another Toyota.. he quickly spots.. Pattern matching works so well for him ..And No, I don't agree if you are thinking I'm getting old..NOPE.. 


I even noticed when A does puzzles, I myself find it hard to locate the pattern of the piece even after doing it for 2/3 times(big NO if you are thinking again Im getting old..haha.). Whereas if it’s a second time A does it faster than I could think.. Really amaze me how a kid could just relate the shapes so fast. Never noticed how he does it for first time.. hmm.. Something to look for..



                                                                                PC: Google images

Even their thoughts are so pure, its completely up to the parents or the carers to explain things in their level of understanding.  Whatever we(adults) say, it goes in to their mind. They take us (mainly parents or carers who they spend most of the time with) seriously although most of the time they look like they don’t listen..

Our biased judgement on things & people will affect them, just because I don’t like a food or person doesn’t mean my kid shouldn’t try the food (not talking about religious restrictions) or talk to the person.  I agree its doesn’t work with some people.. But as an adult we could try little bit more to give/show the kids , this isn’t a bad world afterall. I read somewhere, a Smile just a smile can give lots of hope for kids. Kids really are gentle and the way they think mainly how A thinks really surprises me. How innocent, pure and transparent they are..

Most of the time adults needs to grow up.. I keep telling A to share things, but as an adult do I actually share all the time? I don’t ..I choose what to share, with whom to share & when to share.. Its definitely hard for the kids when we tell them to share their world (that’s their toys) with other kid. So much insecurities they go through.. I wonder when did I change.. Life isn’t fair for kids I guess..haha.. Im okay with it, until A starts to read this..

Just thinking out aloud while watching A..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles