The Rabbit and The Turtle Race..

Have u read “The Turtle & The Rabbit” story when you were little.. I have heard it many a times.. In case, you haven’t heard/read this story, this is how the story goes.. Deep in the jungle, there lived a Rabbit R, he hops very fast like any other rabbit.. One day he decided to test his hopping speed by having a race with someone who does everything slow aka Turtle T.. R and T starts the race.. R hops so fast and decided to tease turtle by just waiting close to finish line .. 



                                                                     PC:www.essayforkids.com

And the waiting was so long, R snooze off. Meanwhile T walks slowly maybe took half a day to walk close to the finish line.. When T is just, just 2 steps away to finish line, R wakes up.. R starts to hop and T takes another step..R has 3 hops to go.. But T was just 1 step away and he crosses the Finish line.. T wins the race.. HooRRAY!!!!! Moral I was told “Slow and Steady wins the race”..





What’s with the moral really, if they keep the race again.. R is not stupid enough to sleep before the finish line which makes T lose next time.. But have to appreciate all the hard work T put in and ofcourse R’s stupidity made T win first time around..  For me, the moral seems like “Having confidence on oneself to agree on a race you know for sure you will lose but hard work and determination will surprise you” [or] “having over confidence on oneself and not working hard before you achieve your goal can lead to consequences” ..

 I should work on my own pace and work really hard to achieve my goal.. Result may or may not surprise me. But I’m really proud of what I did, first I agree to race with the Rabbit and Second I put in all the hard work to race with the Rabbit and Lastly I manage to cross the finish line. Lot of success stories we hear every now and then are similar to this.. However, R doesn’t relax every time.. Don’t under estimate who you are competing with.

Everyone runs their own race, but sometimes we caught up with the race and forget the basics.. Just blindly race and do what others do.. Many a time we forget our dreams and just run on a race to compete with others (other person maybe running for their goal). Come on, its not your race, you are not even in that participation list.. Why waste time on ground A when you should be in ground B.

My friend’s dream is to buy a holiday home, till now it wasn’t in my list at all.. But people around us influence our path isnt. It’s just how strong we are, determines our goal. I can’t just get tempted by his dream and buy a holiday home while I’m still renting. I’m not saying, I can’t dream to have holiday home while I’m renting.. All I’m saying is be original and have your own dream. Don’t stress yourself working for other’s dream. Having said that, we get influenced or inspired by people we know or heard of. Sometimes it’s good, sometimes it doesn’t work. But self-analysing and thinking through makes a huge difference.

I guess I’m going to walk for now, enjoying the scenery. I have no plans to run fast.. What’s the hurry, I won’t get a chance to come this path again.. I can read a disapproval on your face.. Chill.. This is just my race.. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles

Dream a new dream