Patterns that resembles!!!

I mentioned long before in one of my previous post about kids and patterns, how comfortable they are to identify the patterns/shapes they know.. A is good at it, he loves to identify car names with their logo. I assume it’s just kids at his age and they don’t complicate things. Recently he gets excited about writing/identifying alphabets and numbers. I don’t want him to learn this early, mainly because I don’t want him to get bored when the time comes in school.

But he started writing on his own, first he started copying his name and slowly expanded to other letters he saw it in book/name board etc., and he started recognizing all the alphabets. Then he started with numbers 1 to 10 and now he can remember til 20.

So other day he  was writing numbers and he quickly called me ‘Mom!! Look if you write L in a opposite way it is 7’. I was really surprised he could recognize the pattern and he started doing the list of numbers which resembles somewhat like alphabets for example b looks similar to 6 & if you write P in opposite way comes out as 9. More on this below which he think somehow resembles.. 

S  -->5 & 2
I  -->1 & l (small case L)
L  --> 7
-->0 & 8
P  --> 9 , 6, g 
b --> 6
W-->3 , m
H  --> 4

I have to admit , I never realized this until he told me. Call me conservative or naïve, I just followed what was told. Maybe I would've noticed this when I was his age.. I don’t remember giving importance to these anytime I can remember now.


Maybe that’s the way all kids of his age are! I don’t know.. But I have to admit, I enjoy this pattern game.. I really wish I was little creative when I was little.. Maybe this is every parents admiration of their kids.. I’m sure I’m not alone.. what do you admire the most?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles