THE NEW-ME - Coming Right up!!!


We spent our long weekend with two other friends/families recently in a small beach town near-by. We rented this nice four-bedroom house close to the beach which we hardly visited!! - not that I want to visit in this cold winter weather but if driving past counts as visit then yeah- tick it as been there. But I must agree we had such a wonderful & relaxed family/friends time cooking/watching movies/making up stories/Making fun/most of all having a normal adult conversations after a long time without having to worry about kids.

During the whole trip, A hardly wanted us except for few basic things. Most of the time he was self-occupied with his friends playing board games or cards or watching movies. Impressive bit is kids actually took the DVD from its case & worked it out how to play it in the player and sincerely put it back in the case after watching it without us telling or doing it for them. Simple joy of parenting you wouldn’t understand if you have crossed or not reached this stage yet.

It suddently HIT me,my job as a every-min-protective-parent to run behind him or worrying about him falling somewhere or protecting him from any dangerous stuff (sharp edge/small items he could swallow) is over. I start to think he actually doesn’t need us to look after him every minute at home too. How did I not notice this obvious thing!!! Could it be because I live in the change every day without realising it and taking things for granted!!

This made me think, I’m actually not being productive with my time at home. I should start to do things that I used to do like my singing/archery/more reading..  I wouldn’t say I stopped because A was born, I continued even after that. I think other priorities took over in the Travel-Expedition we were doing while I was Stay-At-Home-Mum.


I think its time to start a NEW-ME with something productive instead of laying around in the heated sofa after work (on second thought, heated sofa sounds so good right now).
PC: Google Images
Good luck to me & my laziness..
Give way to the New-me..  coming soon!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles