How you doing??

Yesterday I SAW my neighbour after maybe 2 or 3 months, I hate to blame my work-life/ gloomy winter & shorter days etc., but basic things like 'seeing or talking to a neighbour'  become an activity or to-do list these days..  I'm really hoping summer will change this. Winter days are short, I leave home when its dark and reach home when after it gets dark..

After our usual greetings .. She asked me  'Do I miss my Korean life?'. I said I do, especially the support system I had  there with other expats/mothers. I always had company for coffee/lunch/go for trekking/swimming. Never once I felt alone.. Life was simple there, I didn't feel guilty for not working. Forget about the financial stress, I'm talking more about my own sanity. I really wish I have my friends from Korea live here, so I can hang out with them often.

Returning back to Australia last yr, I couldn't stay home for even 3 months to setup our home here. Literally depressing, most of the people I know were working full time or part time that made me feel guilty to even call & talk to them considering their work/family commitments but no one to blame here except the lifestyle.

Most of us work for one of these reasons
1. Financial Commitments
2. Sanity-sake
3. Passion*
*I kept passion last, 'coz not everyone does it for passion. Very few get that choice.

If you would ask me, I do it for Sanity.. For me personally, my work doesn't define me. I do.
Having said that whatever I do at work , I do whole-heartedly..I cant work in a place where I don't enjoy or grow as a person.

PC: I liked this quote from google images, I used it.. 

I felt pressured looking at  people around me even though there was no financial stress for me. The question I get asked most of the time when I stayed home - "So what do you do whole day??" .. I couldn't really point out one thing that I did others didn't - its the usual house chores. of course you can argue its all in our mind & how we take it. But controlling ideal mind is not easy!! especially when you are alone with no one to talk or discuss..  Easier said than done!!

During that period, I felt guilty for simple things like messy house, for not making dinner, undone laundry . I shouldn't have felt guilty, but I did!!.. It took a toll on my confidence..  then I started to look for a job to keep my sanity.

I think if I had a good support system, especially for people like me whose family is in far-away-land then I would have preferred to stay home. I don't have to work if I DON'T want to and I shouldn't be guilty about it.

My neighbour agreed my point how western lifestyle is so mundane and not supportive. And we are leading a lifestyle which is completely materialistic and anything other than that is looked down..

I don't know how others cop with this,but I was not coping well and I don't know whether I can or will ever.

My next one is about working-mom-guilt-factor which is my current state. With more to continue, Caioo for now!!!

Note: I can only speak  from my experience & my observations. I really appreciate any suggestions that worked for you. thanks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles