Adio 2017

Its end of 2017, its time to celebrate!!! What are we celebrating!?  If you list down all the things you have done this year by day and month, you will be surprised to see it yourself how much you have done, changed, tolerated, grew, learnt, redefined, helped, blessed, laughed, cried.. Any feel-good times and the bad times to be thankful for.. This holiday season is to think about all those times and celebrate them. Celebration will give a sense of achievement.

Resolutions: I don’t usually set any goal for myself; I think goals will limit my potential or worse I get disappointed with myself for not keeping up. We all have enough of that depressing/disappointing things happening around us. I think I will take my life as it comes and be surprised on the 'presents' life throws at me..  

Personally:  I had lot of ups and downs this year just like every other year.. Every year when I look back I only see my Ups.. Downs are definitely the ones that gave me the strength to run the next up-hill.. I’m really grateful for my downtimes.. No regrets on those mistakes I made this year.

I’m so thankful and grateful for my boys at home to put up with me and my hormonal mood swings.. I really can’t ask more from G & A.. They are the best of the best. Love u guys to all other planets 1 million times and back..

I’m truly blessed to adopt and sponsor 2 children in India (both girls) and I get to meet them in my future trips.. A can be a pen pal with them, one of them is A’s age.. He was very excited when he met her last time.. If you want to sponsor a child and don’t know where to go, please check this page . We need more sponsors; it is a small trust that runs schools for special children (hearing impaired, autism, Down syndrome) from under-privileged family background. I am saying this not to advertise about good deed not that I have done anything great for that matter. If this gives you an idea to do some kind of Charity in future, I will be happy for inspiring someone.



Travel:  Another thankful year with the traveling I did this year. We been to Tasmania in April for both my boys’ b-day and Stayed at this beautiful farm in the middle of the forest that had its own creek. We had amazing time going by Sprit of Tasmania. A loved his ship adventure. We even watched ‘Boss Baby’ in the ship.

We took a week break in July and went to Bright for my birthday. It was a beautiful little town with its own character.  I would go back in different season, I heard it is gorgeous in summer and autumn.

G & A been to SG in Oct with grandparents, they had a blast. We went to India in Oct, it was after 14yrs- G & I went for Diwali and it is our first Diwali spent in India after marriage.. It was special, we really had great time. A spent the whole day firing up crackers just the way Diwali should be. He wanted to go back to do it again next time. He told his kinder friends too.

Workwise: I am so appreciative of my team, each one of them are the BEST in every way. Literally, I am a spoiled child in the team. I am looking forward to learn or implement changes to the school community. Also 2017 was my first full year in workforce after I returned from my Maternity break even though I started working in 2016 (only for 6 months).

My inner blogger:  This year my blog had some amazing moments especially the makeover name change.. I wrote 35-posts this year, not that numbers matter. I've surprised myself with each of my posts. When I open a write-up , it takes me back to those moments that triggered me to write.

First times: A started his Piano for first time in Jan this year and had his first recital in front of  70 people this month. He loves his classes and I’m grateful for his teachers.

His interest in cricket is shooting up so high, thanks to G.. Now they both are members of Melbourne Renegades (BBL) for first time. His interest in playing cricket increased as well. Dingley club has been selected for this year’s junior team to play at Boxing Day pre-match-practice session at MCG. He was one of the cute lil one to play this year and met with few Australian players.. I have No idea (literally) about cricket but it sounds very impressive. I’m one proud Mama..

A is going to  primary school next year ,so he had couple of orientation days at school..He loves his school already..Two of his kinder kids go to same school as well. We are so excited to see him in school uniform next year.

A had his kinder graduation<really rolling my eyes> last month. Although kids looked so cute in their graduation gown and cap. 

A stopped talking fluently in Tamil (around June).. I think I missed him somewhere in this crazy times. However, he picked up few more words that are new in his trip to India. Still I’m adamant to speak to him in Tamil and he just responds back in English.. Hmm.. I’m not disappointed however it is always a bonus if he is bi-lingual.

Finally Im going back to my first para, listing down those moments made it seem like so much has happened this year.. and also it seems like a long year.. isn’t?.. I’m going to celebrate for every single day.. Looking forward to purposeful 2018.

Finishing our year with my fav activity- travel/explore and more the special, we stay at a farm in Grampians.. Have a good one.. Talk to you next year..

Wishing everyone a very happy new year..May everyone stay safe,stay healthy and stay kind to each other.. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles