Time for school!!!

My baby A has graduated from his kinder today. He crossed the cub stage and going to Primary School starting from Feb 2018.. What can I say? It is emotional and nerve-racking for the mum. Schools are meant to be their REAL world. He seems to care-less, it is me and my mother’s instinct worries about everything. He is neither overly excited like he is going on a Holiday nor underplaying the curiosity when he talks about his new school here and there..



Down under especially in Victoria, Kids start with 4yr old Kinder garden (not compulsory although most do) offered by public/private child cares or independent/government schools and it is 15hrs per week .Kids start schooling from Primary school (Foundation Year then Grades 1  to 6 ) and move on to Secondary school(Grades 7  to 12) .

As part of this Kinder to Foundation transition, most schools organise one-hour transition sessions once every week in Nov to spend time in the school and a half-day orientation program in Dec with his future classmates and his class teacher.

I see fellow kids in the transition program, they all looks so innocent, carefree and occupied in their own world. Few of them are going to be A’s best mates in few years or for his life time.. I don’t know anyone yet, except for A’s best mate M from his kinder who goes to same school next year. M is a lovely kid and A gets along well with him.

I’m going to read this post in few years and think ‘oh Boy! what was I nervous about’.. For now, this is a BIG step and big milestone for A. I really hope his school journey is going to be unforgettable and cherishing for him. I really wish him to make lot of fond memories and lifetime friendships.

Let me finish this post with one of our recent conversations related to this transition. I have to fill this Questionnaire by asking A these questions & report it back to his school.

Me: What do you want to learn in school?
A: I want to learn that thing with line and dots on both sides..
Me: Are you referring to division <draw it in a paper>?
A: Yes
Me: You need to grow up for that.
A: Why?
Me: because you need to learn the numbers first!! Its all for big kids maybe when you go to Year 2 or 3 you will learn?
A: I know the easy stuff and if they teach the hard ones that will be good!!?
Me: hmmmmm ok..lets move on to next question, what do you want to ask your class teacher?
A: What is her name? Why the Oval in school has just one Footy goal post not two?

Me: Noted <I didn’t even notice it until next time when I went for transition.. it is true they had only one goal post!! Interesting!!>

A was so brave throughout the transition, to be in a new environment and all the after session play at the school playground.  So happy he wasn’t making any dramas or feeling anxious.. Cool Brat I call him now.. Not-so-cool-mom who forgot or should I just say slipped her mind the transition timings and took him half-hour late for his very first 1-hour transitionJ.. Oh well, that’s me.. I’m allowed to make mistakes sometimes.. I’m trying to teach him not to be perfect <ha ha> all the time..anyhoo.. 


This is a group pic from yesterday's graduation, Yes they all wore black robe and Cap.

Count down starts for school time. Its only 8 weeks away to wear that cool uniform and go in style.

Will keep you posted..

PS: for my own records, A wasn't interested in attending his graduation coz he hate to dance. Finally I took him there to stand the whole time giving 'IM NOT INTERESTED' look.. I gotcha mister.. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles