Every Ending is the Start of a New Beginning

Letter dated 25th Jan 2018
Kannamma,
Today is your last day at Joseph Kinder; you are about to start a new journey in  primary school from next week. Last few years has been a crazy fun ride for you. Totally positive experience from day 1.. Day 1 –I mean from the time you started in Korea.

You started Korean play school Wiz Island in 2014 (Aug 8 to be precise) .Its more like a school with Uniforms, Excursions, activities in the class room and school bus etc.,  You were just 2yrs and 4 months when you started there.. I really can’t believe how you did it, you hardly spoke or formed a sentence during that time. You only knew few baby words, that didn’t stop you going every day for 5 hours.. Not just going but going to/from school on your own in School Bus . You had your Formal Mondays and picnic Wednesdays.. Other than that , Korean Playschool thought you lot of good things. You used to have Korean lunch every day at school with Kim, Rice, Soup, Kim chi. You had good friends especially Shiny and caring teachers who adored you.. You were special in that school, because not many expat kids went there..



Remember that time just when you were month old in Wiz, you opened hot water and burnt your right hand near thumb.. Your teachers were so sorry about it, I understood it can happen anywhere.. I had to take you to a plastic surgeon at Paik hospital and get dressed for the burn everyday.. You would remove the dressing the minute we reach our room.. After a week, I stopped going to doctors ..
Wednesday picnics/birthday parties were real highlights , you go to parks, museum, shows or birthday party at school .. You perfectly followed what your Korean teachers told you in Hangul. You managed really well..

In July 2015 you had Summer Sleep over at Wiz Island, you took your pillows/blankets/Extra cloths to school.. You were so brave, you stayed overnight at school with your friends.. Did lot of activities, watched a movie, had shower and slept off.. Your teacher messaged me saying you didn’t cry at all asking for us..You perfectly enjoyed your time there..

Looking back, I’m not sure I treated you like baby .. Felt like I always treated you like an adult.. telling you my stories, laughing about the jokes I make on myself.. But looking back at the pictures, you were so tiny..Cant believe you did all this when you were that tiny.. If it was not you and your braveness, not sure how I would’ve managed my life.. Love u so much..

Moving back to OZ in 2016, you started pre-kinder in Joseph From Feb 4th, you made lot of good friends.. You had amazing caretakers and teachers like Casey, Cindy, Jess, Raquel, Roberta and Laura who made your transition easy for me. I was always worried about the change in culture, learning styles and language. However, you coped well with new language and adapted well with new cultural/learning style. You just amaze me every day with your learning and findings.. End of Pre-kinder you were very close with Neil and Isabella.. Neil left Joseph to go to School.. You and Isebella were close and Miles joined your group.. But mid 2017 you started to show more interest in Footy, you had all boys gang in Kinder with Marcus, Ryan, Hayden playing with you Footy.. You become best buds with them until today.. All of you go to different school next week, I know you miss them already. But I’m sure you find new friends .. Miles is still your bestie and he goes to same school.

Thank you for being a great kid and making our life so easy. I hope we did the best we can and I really hope we gave you the best experience. Ta and I are so proud of you A. We feel so emotional today and so grateful/thankful for all those people helped along the way.

I’m lil nervous about your primary school now, it’s a new journey.. You are going to learn the world there..I know you will have an amazing time and I’m also sure you will ace it like old times.. But like people say Mothers worry for nothing…It could be, hope to see your smiley face everyday when you come out of the school door ..

Cheers to more new journeys in your life.. Break a leg baby.. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles