Valentine's day

Its not an ideal V-day to spend at the hospital, any day spent at the hospital as a patient/carer is not an ideal day for that matter.Don't you agree?.. Our V-day well spent in Children's Hospital for A's leg injury.. I'm not here to whinge about the-pain-of-seeing-A-in-pain, I wanted to share why I feel hospitals are an ideal place to spend this day.

One could argue, Hospitals are run like corporates and its a Billion dollar business..I agree, however my point is Doctors, Nurses and other medical practitioner/support staffs at the hospital doing human service. You could also argue, they get paid to do their Job. My point is when the whole world lives in an illusion of Money, everyone is forced to run for it. No exceptions..So lets keep Money aside for this post, just think of the core "human values"- Kindness & Empathy..

Its Valentine's day morning, I can see sun lazily rising up .. It is a windy summer morning, my kinda weather for a nice long walk..I was downstairs at the cafeteria getting my toasts before A wakes up in his room at Giraffe floor (you heard it right, they named each floor an animal).. I can see doctors walking-in for their duty and some having their morning meeting at the cafe..I'm sure they are so proud of themselves for giving freedom to number of patients everyday from their sickness..  It might sound cliche' to say Doctors are next to GOD but looking through my eyes, I saw them as Mothers..



 I say mother coz I'm a mother myself and thats what I can relate them to..But if you feel connected, replace Mothers with Fathers..I know lot of dads out there are equally/more than equally as caring as mothers.

  • Doctors like mothers have so much patience for all the questions we (patients/carers) ask..
  • Doctors like mothers show so much positivity 
  • Doctors like mothers are busy thinking about some one else life.. 
  • Doctors like mothers encourage their patients to push themselves
  • Doctors like mothers feel so proud of themselves when their patient recovers
  • Doctors like mothers will stay stubborn on their Say (coz-I-said-so Attitude) especially when its time to take meds and that damn blood tests..
  • Doctors like mothers give their patients the assurance..Patients like kids trusts their mothers are watching over them.
  • Special mention to the Music therapists,they are like mother's best friend who can make you feel special by playing your fav song and make you laugh/relax(and forget your pain for a while)
  • Like a child who feel safe and secure just being with mums..We trust and feel safe around them.
Im not saying mothers are like doctors.. Doctors are definitely more than that because a mother only shows her unconditional love to her own child unlike doctors who treats every strangers they see with no judgements of their background..

I felt goosebumps watching the doctors treating patients..They have an extra glow and you would want to respect them for no reason.. Im sure they go through so much personal sacrifices everyday after-all they are humans too, they have a family/home-loans/sickness/other interests/friends..

Even though its not an Ideal Valentine day, I'd say there isn't a better place to experience self-less kindness Medical Practitioners show to human kind. I'm sure you would agree, there isn't a better place to spend this day.. 

Happy Valentine's day..Especially to all the medical Practitioners in this world who shower self-less  kindness.. 

BTW: A is all good.. and home now, buzzing around like a bee..



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles