Beware: New school parent !!

My blog has been quite last few weeks as the first-time-school-parent getting used to school routines. I’m still not sure whether I’m doing it all and right.. I always have a feeling I missed something. Everyone asks how is he coping at school? My answer is he is coping very well much better than I am. His usual routine to and from & at home is same. But for me, I’m still getting used to the fact that I must remember to book/cancel his after care, make sure I read the news letters and all other 10 notifications from school EVERYDAY and making sure to send his absence notes to school when he is sick, other blahs.

This is just administrative work, other than this, packing the lunch box, snack box, fruit box.. I can hear you saying ‘Tell me about it!’...Yea right, I do not remember having so many choices when I was a kid. There was only one break for lunch, we never had TWO snack break in school... Not just any snack, it has to be a healthy one, which is the hardest part... A does not eat vegs, fruits except Banana and his school does not allow nuts... Can you imagine what kind of options I have here other than those Sugary biscuits?

Are you exhausted already? Wait, I am not done yet...

PC: Google Images- https://www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/p/i-can-t-keep-calm-i-m-a-first-time-mama/

It is the aftercare!! A complains over after care, coz not many kids from prep(only him) in general goes to aftercare every day. Most prep kids are picked up when school finishes or they come one or two days to after care... M  goes to aftercare 2 days a week which means A is coming up with new ideas for him to go just those 2 days..

‘Mom, why don’t you finish work by 3 and pick me up from school’..

’Mom , why am I going to after care every day?!.. Can I just go on those days M goes?! ‘..

You see what  Iam dealing with.. After I pick him up from school, its nearly time to make dinner.. Tada, my day is over..

Every working parents go through this cycle everyday.. its like GroundHog Day.. I wake up at 5 finish my day making dinner around 6.30.. I fit in laundry, everyday walking , Cooking, house cleaning and playtime with A all in a day.. And ofcourse my Work, which I feel I’m there but not there moments.

I really hope my routine improves or least I get used to this craziness..
Until I settle down in a new routine.. Caio..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles