Operation Toilet!

A is smart in coming up with new ideas for anything and everything we talk at home, most of which doesn’t concern him at all. Knowing him well, I can expect to hear an idea even from other side of the house while playing with his Legos.

Other day he was giving me ideas to Start/Finish work by 3 to pick him up on time from School… Another time we went for Rug shopping, I was hesitant to get a new one as A plays with the edges and spoils  them.. His immediate response was to nail the rug to the floor, so he won’t roll and spoil them… List goes on and on.. 

Operation Toilet -This hilarious incident happened  few weeks back when A was down with leg pain. Both his knees was in so much pain, he refused to walk; in fact he refused to even stand straight for few days.

PC: pinart
One such night, A wakes us up to go to the Toilet. Its urgent, I can see him dance sitting on the bed.. But he refused to walk or stand or let G carry him to the loo (even lifting him caused pain).. We tried to convince him for almost 15 mins. He kept crying and screaming that his knee pains a lot.. He got even more stubborn as time passed.

IdeaMani* in A woke up at that point and asked me to move the computer chair (the one with wheels) closer to the bed and he would move slowly to the edge of the bed and hop on to the chair.. Then we could push him to toilet in that chair..  That actually made sense for once and we did as he instructed us.

After 5 mins of struggle he did hop on to the chair.. Once we were in toilet, he obviously have to get up to remove his pants and pee.. However, my Clever Cheeky A removed his pants while sitting and asked us to move the chair closerrrr to the toilet seat for him to pee from edge of the chair. It sounded like a bad idea, we try to tell him if it spills, it will stink and we have to throw the chair. I kept telling him to stand up just do it instead of arguing.

For 10 mins, G and I were laughing 'coz he kept repeating the same. He got so upset and started screaming at us to be serious. I was like ‘Are you really serious!!’ ..  He was so stubborn; finally, he did it as he told us <with no spills >.

I must admit he was too clever to come up with an idea even at that critical time/situation and managed to execute it with us (2 useless team members). Having said that, I must also say it took more than 45 mins for this whole process to complete... Okay!! I agree I’m lil bit proud of him.. Only tinyyyyy bit..

This is purely Project Management 101, A successful Project needs a good PM who are stubborn in their stands and execute the project with great success... Operation Toilet - a great success story to remember forever in our lives.

Why Operation Toilet -I cannot think of any better name..

PS: IdeaMani- *Colloquial name for people who comes up with Brilliant ideas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles