Once a year..

I went to shops on Saturday to do my weekly groceries, its busy everywhere..Every shop is trying to cash up on mother's day.. I'm not a big follower of any of these D-days that comes once a year like Mothers day, Valentine's day, Fathers day,Friendship day,Womens day.. I have my reasons..

Shops offering sale prices and packed kits, spa vouchers, flower bouquets and restaurants advertising on special 3-course meals and high tea to make mums feel special.

More and more you stay at the shopping centre,you almost  feel guilty for not being part of it.

 I went up to pay, just wanted to be polite and started a conversation with her..she said its been busy and she is working on Sunday, she will have to celebrate mother's day later. And she asked me 'How about you?'.. I really don't want to say anything and spoil her mood. I just replied ' nothing planned' ,wished her good day and left..

 I have a 6 yr old who tells me he loves me infinitely-Everyday, right now I don't think one day is enough for the love and attention I get.. 




In all this commercial hype, those who lost their mothers and those who are trying to fall pregnant are most affected.. It has no implication to hurt them, but when you are trying for a baby, even seeing another pregnant women makes you feel 'why not me?'.. Forget about them, expats like me whose family in far away land, these overrated days makes you miss your loved ones even more.. 

This is to my 30 year old-A, please don't do things just because this world does it.. do it if and when you feel it..do it wholeheartedly.. call me any day and I will be your date .. I don't care about this world celebrating mothers day on this particular day.. I just wish you remember my b-day and have sometime for a cuppa. But if you are in far away land or even in some other planet just remember me and wish me in your thoughts.  I know you love me more than this galaxy.. I love you too..hugs..mom..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles