The after party: Hell is the new Heaven

I'm hooked on to 'The good place' in Netflix..Have you watched it? I'm becoming a fan of Kristen Bell not because of this series. I have been watching a lot of her Netflix 'Originals' these days.

This series is about the so called concept of 'Heaven' -The good place and the 'Hell'- guess what!! obviously 'The bad place'.

PC:Google Images


I'm not here to discuss about the plot or review the series, you watch it yourself. I love comedy genre in general. Hence I'm watching.

My grandma used to tell me that if I go to temple often, my sins will be washed/erased and technically my sin-counter reboots again. I never used to understand the logic. It sounds exactly like when someone tells me google doesn't record your information after you delet the browsing history. "SURE man!!".

What if I kill someone, Do I get a pass?
What if I abuse someone and ask for forgiveness?
What if I cross a red light? 
What if I don't offer my seat to an old lady or a pregnant lady?

Are they all sins? but according to our conscious its the spectrum or the degree of Sin makes you the  Sinner. Wait, who decides this spectrum or degree? We - the Society.. This gets reviewed and refined by every generation and passed on to the next.

If you cross a red light and get caught - you pay your fine. And thats pretty much it.You can forget about the sin.Because you  technically "paid" for it.

Karma- the drama queen is waiting to get back.. After all what goes around comes around. There is no place for 'Pass' with Karma.

In Hell, I have been told one will be tortured in a big pan of boiling oil . But I have a million dollar question!! only our souls go to hell not our mortal body..I wonder how will a body-less soul feel the mortal pain if its burnt in boiling oil and fire? hmmm. 

So to understand better, I looked for 'Dummies to go to Heaven'- You will be surprised to see the search results. There is a Youtube video for it too,  NO!! DON'T watch it. Trust me, don't try doing the same mistake.

You may ask why am I wasting my Saturday thinking about the after party!! I agree, end of the day  we don't have a choice.Do we?

I really wish Micheal from 'The good place' is my 'Bad place' architect. Atleast the place looked nice and I get to try 300 different flavours of yogurt.

I think its more to our lives when we are alive. What we do and how much impact we have on others is all that matters.. Not how much we earn or what brand car we have.. Food for thought..

Have a great weekend guys!! 

Disclaimer: This post is not hurt your belief or religious sentiments..It is truely my random musing I tried to pen down. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles

My dear pre-teen..