Destination : family vacation (Pun intended!!)


In an ideal world: You pick a place for family vacay or decide it together, family gets excited and pinch in ideas with excitement!!

My world: I pick a place, make list of things to do, prepare a business case with costing/flight options etc., 

and then, sit down to discuss it with my boys!!

PC:Google Images


<Excepted reaction after hearing the name of the place: Jumping in excitement or just a facial reaction i.e smile or least show me a smiley emoji. I’m easy to please. >

In reality, all I get is

A:  “But why??  there are volcanos.. What happens if we get stuck there.. I rather go to holiday program and stay home!!!”

Me: Volcanos does not erupt just like that, we will have plenty of time to fly out.. Ok listen!! We could go swimming with dolphins!!! Isn’t exciting!!

A: but you don’t know swimming!!

Me: Ok!! You know what!!!  I have decided I’m going on a family vacay to the planned place I wrote that business case for.. Whether its alone <just a red alert on this for rest of your life> or one with a happy family <pretend you are excited and save yourself>.. Choice is yours!! <not really!!  Who am I kidding>.. 


I would've loved if the discussion ended with a unison "We are in!!!" response from the boys, but I haven't got any response yet!!.. I wish I can pack them and check-in  <No!!  I wouldn't do that..although it's not a bad idea>.

No matter what, destination family vacation is on. The End. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles