Man of the match goes to...

I don't know it's the DNA or it's simply the country we live in or the sport G is passionate about or the exposure he gets all through the year..  It's something,  something makes A believe he will become a cricketer one day and play for Australian team..In our recent trivia time I asked him "Who will be a superstar cricketer in the year 2030".. Guess what he answered !! "Ofcourse, its AG!!"

G tries to bring him to support India,  but it never happens.. A supports OZ even when they are in their worst form..

Recently I gather to worst of my nightmare,  2019 and 2020 is the year for cricket lovers..  First it's summer in OZland and then to IPL then to World Cup.. Before we know it,  it's summer  again in OZ then in 2020- its 20-20 world cup back in OZ..  I should seriously think about getting a second TV. It's about time,  I'm a cricket illiterate in the house everyone else believes its a religion..

and I'm not ashamed!! ..

Coming back to the topic,  ever since we moved back from Korea, A started watching cricket..  Interests can't be forced,  it gotta be natural isn't? I tried my best to distract him with theater, drama and pop culture..Seriously I thought I had a chance there with him.. He had other plans, at the end of our recent show -Alice in wonderland, he politely told me that theater doesn't interest him anymore.. it broke my heart!!  <nah!! I'm just being dramatic..>

A already have a pretty good idea about his future team..  He reckons he would be the opening bowler and maybe 6th or 7th batsman in the order..  He also think he would get 4 wickets (he also says 8 sometimes) in his debut test match.. Oh! Did I mention that he loves test matches!!. 20-20 is like a snack he indulge-in but he thinks he can play test match for straight 5 days. 

I hope I don't  jinx it by writing it here..  I just want to record my 6 yr old dream .. if it ever comes true one day,  this is the proof..

Cheers to the sport that I hate coz it takes away my boys attention from me.  Call it jealously, I really don't care..


This post is for that day we hear  "Man of the match goes to".. <Drum Rolls>


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles

My dear pre-teen..