The Sweet proposal


“Will you marry me? “ He popped "THE" question with no warning what-so-ever. I didn’t reply anything but gave a smile.

I must say It is the sweetest thing I heard in a while apart from the million I LOVE YOUs’ I hear every day. This is about the sweet proposal I received recently from my 6 yr old..

Life gets crazy-hectic with everything recently at home/school/work.  Sometimes I feel I need a breathing space.  We all do.. I’m not alone..

When you hear something you didn’t expect to hear from your 6yr old, it kicks all the stress and problems far away.

It wasn’t on Valentine’s day, so it wasn’t planned <Well! Technically, he knows only his b-day and Santa> However, It was a day in  FEB. It was time to tuck A in for his baby sleep and good night kiss.

He then added “Why do I need to wait for few more years? Can't we just marry now?”

I couldn’t help but smile again, I sat next to him..

I love you too baby.. But it’s not legal to marry when you are only 6 yrs!! .. it’s child marriage!! Police will arrest mommy!!!”

He thought about it for a sec,
How would they know!!?” as he wondered..

I said “They would know if you get married before 21 yrs.. I promise I will wait for you to turn 21 and then we can marry”

“<In a disappointed tone> whattt!!! 21!!! That’s a long time!!” he gasped

I couldn't stop laughing! This is the sweetest thing I heard in my life. I don’t know whether he will remember this in few years but I sure want to treasure it for my bad days.

“Why do you want to marry now!!"

“Because I don’t want to marry you when I turn 21!”

<I can sense he is tired now and sleepy.. So I had to end our conversation>

“Okay baby, sleep now... We can talk about this in 15 yrs.”

“Are you sure it’s not allowed... I’ve heard someone married a1yr old”

“Yes! I am sure! , no one marries before 21! Now, good night!!!”

“Okayyyy!!”

 he yawned and said 

“Good night ma!! Love you”

Did I say how awesome my life is!!! It gets best everyday.. Finally, I agree being a mommy changed not just my hormones, my mindset too. Started to appreciate simple things in life and not taking them for granted.

my love note to A , 
“A!!  I love you to the moon and to all other planets and to all those 1000 parallel universes and back”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles

My dear pre-teen..