A celebrates 2555 days..

Kanamma,


It’s that time of the year for us to celebrate you turning another year older, naughtier and cheekier.

You are turning 7yrs/2555 days as you calculated it... While I’m dreading the fact that you are growing up quickly, you are busy counting years to turn 18 (few days back, when you said you have 14 days and 11 years to turn 18!! I was taken aback!!)

Every time you do something awesome, you turn around and ask me whether I’m proud of you.. I want to assure you again “it doesn’t matter whether you were awesome or not, I’m proud of you every minute as long as you are happy doing whatever that you are doing”.  It’s not about coming first or being awesome, they are rewards of your hard work. I don’t expect anything more than your happiness.

You started to read books on your own and you started to read chapter books lately (Zac Power/Ninja kid). I find it very cute when you read’em in your mind (not aloud), sometimes rolling in bed or sitting in the car.

Ta is proud of your bowling skills, he is happy that you sometimes play in the garage for hours together on your own (just like him)..  I had to remind you often to walk normally without air bowling. You have all plans to become a cricketer in future; will see whether your dreams stay the same next year.

Board games are your favorite thing as always.. And of course asking questions!! You are more naughtier, cheekier as years go by.. You binge-watched “All hail king Julian” in Netflix last term break. What do I do with your smart arguments!!! We ended up watching them with you.

Your besties are M,D and Y at school .. You play Lego with M, Footy with D and hangout with Y.. You adore D’shy otherwise..

You are now the master of Connect-4 at home, you beat me and dad smartly. Lego is still your favorite hobby and you started more Technic ones. You made your first Lego remote train, Chess and remote controlled car that I thought was cool this year.

You played footy at Marvel stadium weekend before Easter.. You kicked a goal and 4 behinds..

Ta starts to count seconds the minute we start to cuddle, he knows that we fight/argue every minute. But next thing we are together hugging again.. He named us Tom and Jerry. If the house is silent , he knows something is wrong.. we are either fighting or watching TV together.

I’m grateful for the times you say something deep without realizing it and that simple words of wisdom shapes me to grow as better person every day.

I know you are eager to turn 18 and be on your own.. But trust me adult life is not all that glamorous (besides chewing gum and smart phone). Stay blessed and cherish your seven.

Wishing us another wonderful year of fun.. Cheers to more arguments & bonding..

I love you to the moon and all other planets and 1000 other galaxies and back. And I know exactly what would be your response “I love you to Guru and back”..

Snapshot of last year
PS: I'm so glad you could read this post before I posted it.. Although you dont approve of some things above.. I'm still posting this .. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles

Dream a new dream