W1 Lockdown Journal

Last month this time, my team used to bring up the COVID dashboard to see updates and discuss about  Italy, China and S.Korea. Now it is our turn..

After a week in lock down, lot of appreciation for things around me esp  home, garden and  my space..  We are blessed with this year's Autumn weather, mostly sunny days... I'm grateful for the small garden , greens & flowers we have, its beautiful to just sit and watch A play.

I remember the last time I spent @ home cherishing my time was when I stayed home with a new born 8 yrs back.. It was around this time too. Difference is, it was a much-waited-longed break back then.. Not that  I'm complaining this time around, I truly enjoy staying home, spending time with A, actually using every room in the house, sitting/walking in the garden and force to cook every meal(not sure I'm a big fan of this, looks like its just going to become my habit after practicing it for next 21 days).

I thought Netflix would be my ultimate savior during this lock down, luckily I found my old books collection from attic. Re-reading every book again, taking it slowly this time. That meant Netflix and Prime can wait for the weekend family movie time. I'm glad its not just me enjoy re-reads, A does it too, he keeps a book journal to keep track of his reading list.

We are bunch of board gamers even during "normal" times, now its almost everyday activity.  Card games, submarine game, master mind, puzzles, guess who,  the list goes on.. Don't get me started on monopoly, that's for weekend marathon.

A started that 500 piece London bridge puzzle, will see how long he takes. A spends most of his afternoons playing cricket in the garage.. He bowls and bats keeping his Lego boxes as fielders. He even names each of those fielders with real-player names.

It was little challenging to work from home while starting a new role with new team/project/ company. I'm slowly getting used to this new norm.. My memory for names is not that great with new people, daily stand ups help to a certain degree, hopefully working with the team more closely will reduce the gap.

What are you up to?? Suggest something intersting.. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles