Eight years n Eight days

My dear Kannama,

You woke up  screaming 'Im turning 8 n 8 days!' ..  You have been counting your birthday right from Christmas and made sure no one forgets.. This is the first time you asked for a party,  wanted to invite friends and have it at General public -Bowling and Arcade games.. but God had different plan for all of us. This is going to be an unforgettable birthday..

 8 yrs back today, I was in the hospital, my water broke early.. I still remember doctors were surprised to see I wasn't panicking or worried a bit. You know why? I was sure you would be fine,I didn't doubt for a second..I know for sure you will not just be fine, you will be fantastic.. No matter what, Ta and I will always love you, We will always be proud of you. No matter how many times you fall , we will be there right next to you cheering you to raise up on your own.. I know for sure you will..

Presents are packed, Balloons are ordered, cake recipe is ready,  party is planned, zoom invites are sent.. I don't know whether you will ever have this kind of party (I pray this is one of its kind and will not happen  ever again).

I'm trying to recap this year, lot had happened.. You are in grade 2, you made more friends..You never complain about after care, holiday program or all those extra classes you go, although you are too cool to accept that.. You still want to marry me in 10 yrs time.. For the record, Im your first favourite Lovely Pattu in the world ( rub it on Ta!!)..

 You love your pancakes, sea food, ice cream, buffet, netflix, garmin, the word 'poo', to tease Ta, warn Ta on my behalf when he works too much, support me blindly when I argue with Ta, tease Lalitha avva, make-up songs from the *beep* words I use, learn all useless words in Tamil,  to form meaningless sentences in Tamil with the words you know, make excuses to sleep with us, be my personal trainer, my partner in snacking, encouraging shopping buddy, sport travel companion, hack my catchups, recently my zoom catchups with my cousins and friends and the list goes on..



oh! Oh! How did I forget cricket!!! PS3 joins the list recently after the lockdown and you started playing cricket in PS3. Otherwise, you play cricket on your own in the garage during holidays and when Ta is there , you turn garage in to indoor cricket ground.  You have been planning for months & bought tickets to see world cup 20-20 this year, (lucky me!!!) sadly its getting cancelled.  Next time it is!!!

You say you hate fruits and veggies, but the secret is you eat all the vegetable curries and chutneys as long as it all smashed.. Shh, you  don't know that yet..

You started reading a lot this year. You appeared in an article that was published on premier's readers challenge site. Anh do, Andy Griffiths, Enid Blyton, Jeff Kinney, H.I.Larry, Elisabetta Dami are your favourite authors..You read the books in their series Weirdo, Ninja kid, Dairy of a Wimpy kid, Secret Seven, Zac Power, Geronimo Stilton.. Latest in your reading list is J.K.Rowling, welcome to Harry Potter club baby.. You have finished two books..



You are one Lego Nerd, if anyone asks you whats your top #1 fav thing about last year? you would say its Lego Land(Windsor).. Remember how lucky we were to have the whole park to ourselves (with just 10 others) for the entire day.. You went on all rides ,many more times.. You built some amazing legos last year from Lego Calendar, fizz drink maker, Chess board, Thayam, Football stadium and so many more..

Second in your fav from last year is trip to Fiji and buffet..  You just like the idea of buffet and how you can choose and not to be given with no choice(like at home)..Any chance you get, you ask us to take you to buffet.. Maybe thats in the top of our list post-lockdown.

Is it just 8 yrs? Feels like forever, You know us too well from our tone, from our expressions and you know how to bribe us with sweet talk and you know how to show that pavam expression when we raise voice and inside that little brain you auto-filter/ignore.

Yes! I will marry you when you grow up..Yes!! I will re-marry Ta because you missed seeing it last time.. You know how to lighten the mood, have a conversation.. Lets create more and more memories for years to come.. We love you to the Jupiter (Guru) and back like you always say..

Have an amazing year!!!God bless..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles