Fulfilled promise to Santa!!

Every year Santa leaves a response note for A's letters, last year  as always A wrote a nice letter and Santa responded back appreciating his good behaviour and insisted him to start including FRUITS in his diet. I'm cap'ing fruits coz it is one of the battle, rather I call it a war that we were losing with A. It was giving G sleepless nights (not exaggerating!!). 

Back story, we moved to South Korea when A was around a year old baby. He loved his breakfasts with fruits and yogurt and his childcare Korean lunches kimbap, soup, kogi & kimchi. We returned back to Australia when he was 3.5 yrs old, it was big change for him to adapt & adjust/include new culture/people/language/food in his routine. During that process, he lost appetite to any fruits and yogurt. He loved his yogurt/cheese/fruits while we were in Korea. What we found in the process is that taste varied from what we had there and  what we got here which made him totally avert these things. I didn't push him too much thinking he might pick it up later. Boy I was wrong, 5yrs later still a big NO to these things made me worry too.

When Santa wrote this letter suggesting him to include fruits everyday. I was lil nervous that A might start to hate fruits for lifelong hate( & Santa too). But to my surprise  A agreed to try one new fruit a month for the whole month everyday without any hesitation. I had little hope to Santa's suggestion and A's promise. 



We are in our sixth month of fruit trail, Im happy to say A tried 6 different fruits (Banana, Dates, Mandarin, Grapes, Mango & Papaya). One new fruit-each month-everyday to make it a habit. 

Biggest WOW moment for me is when I took A to grocers who offers free fruits (usually Banana/apple or Mandarin) for children to eat-in store. As soon as we entered he ran to the free fruit basket and picked a mandarin, he finished his mandarin before we finished our shopping. 

Words can not express how proud I was, amongst 1000 other parenting fails, this one success story is enough to keep me going (for those who have picky eaters understands my pain).. 

I'm forever thankful to Santa and can not wait for his arrival in 6 months!!! Woo Hoo.. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles