Trip to closure

 Finally the D-day which most of us thought would never come.. To be able to fly back to see loved ones and physically spend time with them, not a video call, no more "You are on mute, press the mic button" or "Turn the camera otherway".. 

Trip was emotional, healing and lived every minute of it. 

The value of something is truely understood in its absence, 2 yrs of lockdown has taught me the value of people, human connections and the energy we give each other. Australia had the toughest lockdowns. It scarred us all for life I guess. 

Lil A started counting down the minute I booked our tickets, he started packing month before, even his cloths ironed and packed in a suitcase. He is one my dad's V2 hands down. We did a weekend away to farm stay week before we were scheduled to fly, A was upset that he packed all his cloths :)

Mom  started making pickles, dry mangoes for A and stocking noodles and pasta in her pantry. Lil A demanded her not to make dry mangoes coz he wanted to do it himself with her. 

I was anxious to face the reality of losing loved ones,  people moved on and we were stuck in 2020 and going to open up the pain again.. Lesson learnt from the scars/pain/trauma of past 2 yrs will stay with me lifelong, I don't think I can look at life same way. Its for good though, this deserves a post for another day.

I made a list of things to do, people to meet and I'm glad i ticked off everything. Early morning temple visits with my dad, meeting my friends and eating rasam rice at home.. little joys to cherish.

I didnt realise I lived on the edge with Anxiety last 2 years made me hard to relax..but being there with my parents just naturally relaxed me. I feel like a different version of me, old me with more resilience.

A was pampered to the fullest, he patiently came to shops with me, enjoyed  auto-rickshaw rides.. My mom and him looked so cute together when they played thayam(almost whole day everyday), cooked noodles, getting an auto-rickshaw. He enjoyed making new connections, learning their stories and got to experience lot of authentic things.

Im glad we did this together and I did it being kind to myself. Not let anyone ruin the time I spent there and no regrets coming back first time in 15 years. 

We are looking forward for our next trip to India.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles