Second Best Mum

Random chit-chat

On one of the usual Tuesday nights with unusual discussion with my lil bud before bedtime. He finishes his day most days by saying who is the best in his life. G had to stay upside down to get the title of the day. But not today, he just said Ta is the best in the world and you are the second best mum in the world.

This is the boy who thought I’m his world until yesterday and he is now in that stage where I'm his second-best mum!!! My heart just shattered ☹ Wait !!! what!! Second best mum!!! Who is his first best mum!!??? <did I miss any memo recently!!>

I get curious and ask him “Who is your first best mum?!”

He then goes on explaining “My first best mom is super millionaire and super-rich who buys me 100s of Legos and have a big house to keep them all!!!!”

Hah!!! What the hell!! Should I be happy or cry now?

Happy ‘coz he just assumed it's my job to provide him the million $$$ inheritance, not his dad by this world’s gender standards. Or Cry – because I’ve already bought him more than 100 Lego sets and we live on the corner of the house while the motion-less Legos occupy most of the space.


Then he goes on asking ‘Mom, does money bring you happiness?”

Me: “Yes. don’t believe anyone who says it doesn’t. I can show them how to be happy!!”

Him: “What would you do if you had lots of money”

Me: “Quit my job and TRAVEL full-time!!! Duhhhh!!”

Him: “ I watched Richie rich movie, its sad the rich boy doesn’t have any friends. I don’t want to lose my friends!”

Me: “Fair enough, reality is we are not.. so, you don’t have to worry. I have to get back to work tomorrow and you have to go to school/learn to cook/clean/live your life”

Him:” Yeah, Nah, I will be rich. I don’t have to do housework”.

Me: “Boy!! Make up your mind!! And go to sleep!!” 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles