12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles

Often, I have a casual conversation with A and get surprised by some of his responses which I find very profound. I don't know whether he understands the meaning of it or it's the way children brain work - stick to rudimentary thinking, we adults complicate everything unnecessarily.

I have recorded so many of our conversations in my other related posts, but this one deserves a post on its own.

Little things matter be it a gesture of care or love, last night I was down (blame the hormones!!) and was lying next to Aaryan who was busy watching TV. I turned around and asked him whether he would love me forever, he asked me “What do you want me to say amma!”. He was genuine when he asked me what I wanted to hear so I would feel better. He knew it was a silly question that I asked, but his presence of mind to check with me when I was feeling low was true blessing.


Incident from the past, this is during our recent trip to Mildura and it was a longggg drive(7 hours in the car). Poor A was down with a headache which I ignored thinking he was just making it up. It was just an acidity headache, and he was fine once he threw up <don’t panic>. Which only meant the drive had a lot of snappy moments and non-stop “are we there yet?! and I’m BORED!!” chanting.

Before going to bed that night, I was telling A how I wanted to stay calm for the rest of the trip without being snappy and awfulSo asked him to behave well for the rest of the trip. A's immediate response is "Amma, your goal should never depend on others!!" If you want to be calm, practice calm even if I play up!!”. I couldn’t stop admiring his response. He is so true isn’t! My goal shouldn’t depend on external elements. Unfortunately, whining kids can make you do things that you do not do normally (well! Mine depends on my hormones). Trust me.

Thoughtful act – The other night, he came into my bed and said he was crashing with me that night. I was rolling my eyes and getting cranky. Don’t get me wrong, he is a sweet kid but he kicks me (literally) and I lose my sleep and if I don’t sleep well, you don’t want to talk to me the next day. It’s a vicious cycle. Anyway, I asked him how come he decided to sleep in my room, he was like 'Dad is watching TV in my room’. I was like ‘How come he gets to watch TV and I'm stuck with you kicking me’. He touched my heart with his response “Ta never gets time to watch TV, he is always working. Let him get some TV time amma!!”. even though I didn’t like the idea of G watching TV without me, I liked A’s thoughtfulness. So, I let him sleep/kick and get cranky with both of them the next day.



12 to 12: You are turning Twelve in 12 days. Ta n I are so proud of you for who you are growing up to be. Your personality is unique, and you are kind, funny and thoughtful. You always crack me up with your presence of mind, it's just incredible, be it in an argument to make your point or response to any situation, you are always finding ways to come up with ideas. You are confident that you will be a billionaire to buy me that sunflower house that rotates around (Don’t forget!). Stay blessed and stay true to yourself always. Remember Amma and Ta always loves you to Jupiter and back. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..