My Guilt Trip - A working mom's murmur

Today is just another wet and cold winter day, did I mention it is gloomy and depressing too!!! We appreciate the significance of sun in days like this. The magic of Sun/even the thought of a bright sunny day can brighten your mood and feel energized. I don’t like to generalize a concept and  shut my mind with just that. I appreciate what winter gives us esp the smell of nature on a rainy day, early morning fog and the leaf-less trees etc., 

But today is one of those days I'm not sure even Sun can brighten my mood. A is sick at home with G, I’m at work thinking about him.. I have a busy day ahead but its just hard to keep the thoughts of my lil one at bay. Days like this, you cannot avoid your responsibility to deliver things at work but have the guilt factor that you should be next to him giving him the cuddle and comfort he needed the most. There is no doubt at this very minute he is getting pampered(the best) by his dad at home.

Isn't every working mom’s guilt or Is it just me because I'm new in this game. Some of us have good supporting partner at home to share the responsibility. Some have good supporting family. Some have no choice but to manage it all by themselves.. In the end, all of us feel the same- guilt. As a mother, we always doubt our decisions and push ourselves to the max but can’t escape from guilt.

I read about Indra Nooyi (CEO-Pepsico) , mother of 2 beautiful girls and how she talks about coping mechanisms rather than feeling guilt. I have to tell myself whatever I did is the best of the situation.  All of us try and do the best we can for our kids, we just need to appreciate and always be kind to ourselves.


I liked this pic I have used from pinterest which sums up all the guilt trips I take every day.. lol..
My previous post on Stay-At-Home Pain is here..

PS: I didn’t talk about dad’s guilt, I haven’t explored that yet.This is only my view and my opinion. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

My dear pre-teen..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles