Adios 2018!! Bienvenido 2019!!

Can I stop time! It is hard to keep up with months and years. I'd started this year in a remote farm stay(town called Harrow) like cave men with no internet and phone service. It felt peaceful for once, no anxiety to check my phone every few mins for messages/status/junk mails/FB posts. It was a good start..

I don't believe in resolution, never took one.. I don't know why I told myself to "watch what I eat this year".. I have been only watching myself eat a lot, nothing more than that. It was supposed to be Monday start every week which never came. Hey, no complaints there.. I love food, on that note another positive year..

2018 to remember for so many reasons,

Mum and dad visited us to see A start school, short visit to Cambodia, been to Brisbane for boys bday, a short trip to India to see the folks and few weekend getaways with friends.. I never believed the saying life changes after having children, but this year its been mostly around A's schedule. Week after week/season after season its all about weekend classes, bday parties, planning for school holidays, term breaks, keeping up with school's notifications etc.,

Highlight of the footy season is A's experience to play at Etihad stadium (now Marvel). A continue to learn piano, his obsession (yes, its not interest anymore) to cricket has gone wild. He went for boxing day match and watched all 89 overs.. Can you believe it? is it even normal for a 6yr old? It never stopped there, he continue to follow the test match at home and BBL at night..

We got new addition to the house (no silly, its not another baby), Carrom board.. we are such a board game/family time bunch, now its time to learn from the master- A himself.

I feel like a grown up, as the year progressed when I handled a situation so much better that it didn't affect me.. You feel the calmness because deep in your heart, you have accepted that whatever people does only reflects their insecurity.. it has nothing to do with you.

Another big take from this year is no one can understand your pain (even if they say they have gone through similar path), a way to heal is to have some ME time and reflect on things to get clarity. Venting might help to get things off the chest, but it is not a solution.

Grateful to have few good friends who don't judge, just listen and tell me 'This too will pass and everything will be alright'.

On my blogging side, two of my poems got selected to be published in Greater Dandenong council- Poetry Book which will be released sometime in Feb 2019. Available to borrow from libraries.. And my Lost and Found myself post won a special mention from Lufthansa India (with cash prize)..

Been binge watching a lot.. Fav from Netflix is CROWN, nothing can beat it. Other one is MAD MEN.. I'm a feminist but I can exempt  Don Draper.

Its been a blessed year, I'm leaving the bad experiences behind, taking only the good and moving on to 2019. Bring it on 2019..

Also my fav quote of this year is (from personal experience) "forgiving is not hard, trusting them again is."


PC:Google Images


Wishing everyone a very happy new year.. New year, New beginning.. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles

My dear pre-teen..