10 days of gratitude - 8. Life as it comes.

This is my 8th day on 10 days of gratitude posts until Christmas, this post is 8. Life as it comes.

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
My grandpa asked me when I was 8 yrs old.
I think I said I want to be dancer.
Little did I know, I had to learn first to become one.

At 17, I didn't had any choice other than to join
'Engineering' , I thought I'm done with schooling after 4yrs.
Little did I know, 'Just Engineering' is not enough.

"Mom, I got my US Visa" 
I called my mom from a phone booth outside embassy,
I had no idea why I was doing what I was doing.
Little did I know, I was taking a big step in life.

At 24, I didn't know a thing about
this faraway land down under,
I quit my job and said goodbye to dear ones.
Little did I know, life changes for good.

At 30, we moved to a country with open return ticket
due to political situation.
With 1yr old along side and 14 bags I landed in a new country alone.
Little did I know, I'm going to make wonderful memories.

After 4yrs of maternity break, lot of people
suggested it would be tough to get back in to workforce.
I was confident that I could do it.
Little did I know, I had to deal with retards to finally land one.

Nothing,Nothing in my life was planned. I guess I would've had  lot of disappointments if I had one. Looking back, the challenges life threw at me made me stronger. I got to experience life as it is without much expectation because honestly I didn't know what to expect. 

I'm so grateful for all those major milestones that wasn't planned and it just happened.


Check out my other posts on 10 days of gratitude,
Day 7:Taken for granted
Day 6: Wanderlust
Day 5: The little things
Day 4: Memories
Day 3:The Imperfections
Day 2:Patience
Day 1: My Anxiety

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles

My dear pre-teen..