A day with my blind date..

I wrote about blind dates in lost and found myself post. After writing that, it started to bring back my self exploration memories and I thought I should pen down one of my blind date story from my #theblindlist.

Do you agree that people around us influence our thoughts, I’m really lucky most of my friends are always planning their next holiday and inspiring me with their stories.

This blind date is special to me because of my fascination towards this country, their history, culture and the accent that has a command in a classy way; More than that the awe for the monarchy that ruled half of the world at one point and ruled my home country almost 200 years.

Yes, I’m talking about London – the city of my dreams.

Being a big fan of Escape to country episodes, I dream to escape to an English country and live in an old house that has lots of character, surrounded by a huge farm. <With the option of Airbnb these days, maybe I can fulfil my dream soon.>

Rewind to 2011, 

I was flying back from Germany to Australia stopping at London for 10hours. What would a wandering mind like mine do? Ofcourse, plan crazy things. To my argument, firstly I don’t need a visa and secondly I get to experience my favourite city!!!  

It’s a true blind date in its sense, I didn’t read about the must-do’s or travelogue. I went with no plan other than to get a glimpse of the city. You might think I was crazy to go out just for 7 hours. Sometimes you need to get crazy with life to talk about the wonderful experience to your grandchildren. Did you even read my previous post??

I experienced London my way, took Heathrow express and reached Paddington. From there I took  tube, picked a random station to get down .. I lost myself completely walking through the streets , just awe-struck with everything I saw. I crossed a beautiful garden and I reached the River bank after a good walk. I started to walk on the bridge to get to the other side where I can see the London Eye. As I'm crossing Thames River I can see people queuing up to go up on to the London Eye.. I was not planning to waste my time queuing, instead I walked more and explored more of this city..

I took tube from the next station I came across and got down at Piccadilly Circus. I started walking  that lead me to this beautiful street that had just shops.. Its like walking in to Alice in wonderland for me..I was exploring what ever I can and the buildings on both sides of the road was just beautiful.. It was such a busy street ,people were finishing work by then.. I had only an hour left to take train back to airport.. I somehow reached Oxford Street totally unplanned<I swear>, its like my destiny, I stop and look up, I see Top Shop <this was before Top Shop came to Melbourne..> This was so my calling!!! I could even hear church bell, light bulb lit up.. oh wait, that what happens when you meet the ONE..



I had no idea how I spent my last hour at Top Shop. Finally, It was time to say adios to Top Shop and all other shops I entered in that area.. I took one final look around that busy street.. I can live here.. It is such a lively place to be..  London is crazy and a crazy girl like me totally fit in there.. London was just what I expected to be, just the way I read in books.

<my mind voice : Ok, enough! get back to Airport.>

Did I mention I saw London's iconic black taxis, although I didn't get to ride on it.I didn't have any address to go to, except the Queens'.. Do you think she would've welcomed me if I took a taxi to the palace? I think she would've.

Timesup, I had to now literally rush to Airport <by train>.

Lots of walking, taking public transport to a random station and eating at a random food stall on the way.. Sounds fun? Totally!!

I would do this again if/when I get a chance.. LONDON - you are in my date list but not in the Blindlist anymore. Next time when I visit, you are no longer my blind date. We go on a proper date and get to know each other more, maybe meet the queen too.

Caio!! #SayYesToTheWorld #LufthansaIndia #theblindlist



More #Blinddate stories from my #blindlist:

- Lost and Found myself
- Weekend trip to Seoul
- Seoul - Namsangol Village
- Bukchon Village - Seoul
- Yeouido Park - Seoul (Popular for Cherry Blossom)
Shopping in Seoul
- Busan(Korea) to Tsushima Island(Japan)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles

My dear pre-teen..